Neve Hanna Children’s Home was founded in 1974. Eighty (80) children between the ages of 6 and 18 reside at home. They come from dysfunctional homes and are severely traumatized. Forty (40) children (8-13 years) attend NEVE HANNA’s daycare program, which is a preventive measure for children from families that have severe problems, but still function somehow as a family. For all its children, NEVE HANNA, a loving home, offers extensive therapy, remedial teaching and enriched leisure programs.
Neve Hanna Children’s Home has been severely affected by the coronavirus pandemic. American Friends of Neve Hanna is running a GoFundMe campaign to help the children and staff master some of the challenges and economic burdens. Please think of us and contribute as you can. We encourage you to share our fundraising campaign with your family, friends and community. Thank you for your love and support of Neve Hanna, it is most appreciated.
The current situation – Schools are closed, the children are around all day. We have a large compound, but freedom of movement is restricted. For traumatized children, a stable daily routine plays an important role. We try to maintain this by having fixed times for learning, remedial teaching, therapies, fun and games, as well as meals and helping with household chores.
Our needs and remedies during this pandemic created additional cost:
1. Since the children cannot visit their families and visits to NEVE HANNA are not allowed more computers and tablets had to be purchased and existing equipment upgraded, so the children could have contact with parents, siblings and the outside world.
2. Hiring additional on-line and on-site therapists and staff were necessary to overcome the fears, restlessness and uncertainty that the children intensely experience.
3. A coaching program was introduced that supports each child individually and emotionally, teaching how to deal with stress, frustration and uncertainty, as well as setting up simultaneous activities for smaller groups, cause enormous additional financial burdens.
4. Leisure activities were adapted to the regulations and new leisure activities were created in order to enable the children to let off steam.
5. To protect everyone, employees and children, NEVE HANNA had to purchase protective equipment, created quarantine stations and set up a rotating growing staff.
Additional costs for daycare children: They are cut off from leisure activities and school, trapped in their cramped parents’ homes and do not benefit from daily remedial and therapeutic programs, while also adding to the economic burdens that their parents face.
NEVE HANNA feels an obligation not only to look after these children, but also their families. Tablets and phones have been purchased for these children, so that they connect on-line, including ZOOM sessions to therapy and other programs as well as staff and children living at NEVE HANNA.
NEVE HANNA needs YOUR solidarity and YOUR help to master these challenges. Enduring this exceptional situation causes additional costs. Please think of us and contribute as you can. No amount is too small.
Many thanks from the children and staff at NEVE HANNA. Our wishes and blessings for your well being, health and safety.